POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Speeding up glass-raytracing / Pentium optimization : Speeding up glass-raytracing / Pentium optimization Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Speeding up glass-raytracing / Pentium optimization
From: Tim Kaulmann
Date: 19 Sep 1999 16:42:27
Message: <37e54ab3@news.povray.org>
Hello there !

Is there a way to speed up the calculation of a scene that has 3
glass-objects with reflection and refraction in it ?

At a certain point my POV3.1 for Win slows down to 2 pps on my Pentium MMX
233 (128 MB RAM) :-(
On the other hand the output of this tracer ist so great that I go
completely crazy :-)=)

Is there a version that is optimized for Pentium MMX only ?

Greetings, -= Tim =-